PHOTO: Herbert Mitgang

SEND YOUR POSTS

to info@davidlevineart.com

Wednesday, December 30, 2009


wally said...

As his longtime friend, sometime co-conspirator, and perhaps the last 'student' David mentored, I'd like to express my condolences to David's family and friends. I had the unique pleasure to paint with David at Coney Island, to play tennis with him at 'the bubble,' to dine with him at Teresa's for several years, to visit 'His Museum' at what was formerly Chang's Restaurant, and to become a member of the fabled Painting Group. To me, David will always be the playful child who experimented with paint, unafraid of failure, and with words, meant to stun and provoke. He was, above all else, a humanist who believed in the dignity of the human creature and treated everyone he met with respect, even if he thought their views were moronic.

We will never see the likes of him again. I, for one, am just so thrilled to have known him.
Stephen Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment